We would like everyone to know about some changes to our upcoming season.
Based on our 2019 AGM, there are a number of changes that will be implemented in the upcoming season.
First and foremost, the biggest change that will impact our league is that we are moving from 15 skaters to now having 13 skaters per team. This motion was presented and carried at the AGM. The result is that the league will go from 120 down to 104 skaters. This will impact a number of factors, rules and practices in our league. We have done our best to outline these below. Please review the Registration Information for details how registration is impacted.
Here are a list of many of the changes that are upcoming:
- Skater Spots 104 (down from 120)
- Player Availability Tool for Players to Advise of their Attendance prior to Games
- Players to Advise of Availability by Weekly Deadline to ensure our Teams are never short
- Active Spares List for Call Ups when Team are going to be Short (Below 10 Skaters)
- Designated Board Member to Manage Spares List and Player Call Ups
- Fee Per Game for spare players when they are called up
- Updated Policies and Rules to Support Less Skaters
A Few Other Changes
- Games will now be Two 16 Minute Periods
- New Website
- Use of PayPal account for Processing Registration Fees
Caledonia Oldtimers Hockey